Sunday, July 13, 2014

Student visa for USA

The U.S. different types of visas issued to temporary visitors, including students. As a full-time student, you will receive an F-1 or M-1 visa. Most students enter the F1 category. Temporary visas are also known as non-immigrant visas. 

The spouse and children would receive F-2 or M-2 visas. 
The "F" visa is for academic studies, and the "M" visa is for nonacademic or vocational studies. 

1) Get your passport made​​. Follow this link for details on how to obtain your passport. 

2) Once an academic institution has accepted for admission to full-time study, you will receive a document known as Form I-20, which is extremely necessary for the student visa application. This form I-20 contains information on the degree of financial responsibility is required, what will be the duration of their studies, etc. 

3) You may have to show proof of financial support, if you or your parents are going to finance your studies in the U.S.. A letter from the bank may be required. You may want to know about your embassy about the types of documents that can be accepted with regard to proof of financial support. 
Get a completed "Affidavit of Support" from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate if studies are to be sponsored by relatives or others who are currently in USA. Complete this form with information about their funding sources (sposorship letter) and submit it along with your other documents. The Embassy may require a letter from the bank holding the funds. 

4) Obtain all necessary documents listed on this page. Now, you are ready to go to U.S. Consulate for a visa interview. If your visa is rejected twice, you may need to apply by mail. 

Documents required for obtaining visa 
A non-refundable application fee (You must know the exact amount before going to the consulate and bring exact change if possible). 
An application form OF-156, completed and signed. Blank forms are available without charge at all consular offices of the United States. 
A passport valid for travel to the United States 
One photograph 1 and 1/2 inches square (37x37mm) for each applicant, showing full face, without head covering, against a light background; and 
To the applicant "F" Form I-20A-B. To the applicant "M", Form I-20M-N. 
[These forms are sent by the institutions where you have applied and after acceptance they send these forms.] 

sponsorship letters 
The student visa applicants must establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer that they have binding ties to a residence in a foreign country who have no intention of abandoning, and that they will depart the United States when they have finished their studies. 

State Visa maintaing after arrival 
If a student on an F-1 is not able to complete his studies at the expiration date on the I-20, must apply to Student Advisor Foreign school for an extension of 30 days before the maturity. Extensions are normally granted for academic and medical reasons, as long as there have been no violations of visa status. 

You can transfer schools after the arrival of an F-1 visa. You will need to notify your current school transfer and get an I-20 from the new school. You will complete the student certification section of I-20 and should give it to the foreign student advisor at the new school within 15 days of beginning attendance at the new school. 

If you are changing majors at their current school, it is not necessary to notify the INS. If changing degree programs (eg, from a bachelor's degree in a master's program), however, you will need to get a new I-20 and submit it to the foreign student advisor within 15 days into the new program.

UK spouse visa / UK marriage visa

What is a spouse visa? 
AKA UK marriage visa, spouse visa allows unmarried partners of UK citizens to emigrate to the UK, as they are married to someone who is 'settled in the UK' - ie, a person who is ordinarily resident in the UK and has no immigration restrictions on how long they can stay in the UK 

Can I work with a spouse visa? 
Yes, you are eligible to work or study in the UK after the grant of the visa. 

Spouse Visa requirements 
To qualify for a spouse visa / marriage UK must meet the following requirements: 

You and your spouse must be 18 years or older. 
You must have met with others and be legally married - this is to prevent arranged marriages. 
You must intend to live together permanently. 
You should have enough money to support themselves (and their dependents) without claiming public funds. 
Your partner sponsor must earn over £ 18,600 per year or have sufficient savings to sponsor. The minimum financial requirement is higher if they are also sponsoring dependent children. 
You must have suitable accommodation for you, your spouse and your dependents. 
You must meet the English language requirements. 

How I can apply for a spouse visa? 
You can apply for a spouse visa from abroad or within the UK. 

If you are already in the UK on a fiance visa, work visa or student visa in force for more than six months, you may be able to switch to a spousal visa. 
How long does the application? 

The average time for processing an application for a spouse visa is 2-12 weeks from the date you submit the application to the UKBA. Processing times vary depending on the country where the application is filed. 
How long does a spouse visa? 

If applying from overseas, spouse visa is initially issued for 33 months. If you are applying from the UK spouse visa is issued for a period of 30 months. 
Can I extend my spouse visa? 

You may request an extension for another 30 months, which can bring your total time in the UK on this visa for up to five years. At this point, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) provided you are still married and living in the UK with your spouse and continue to meet the maintenance requirements. After you have been granted ILR you may be eligible to apply for naturalization as a British citizen. 

Released Spouse visa entry 
If you are looking to enter the UK on the basis of their relationship with a UK national must apply for entry clearance before arriving in the UK. 

If you are applying from inside the UK must have a residence permit in the UK with a visa that is valid for six months at the time of application. 

You can not switch to a spouse visa if you are already in the UK and was initially admitted for a period of less than six months - for example, if you were initially admitted enter as a visitor or prospective student. 
English language requirements for partners 

As a spouse visa applicant must be able to demonstrate that you can speak and understand English. 

Must meet the English language requirement if: 
You are a national of a country outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland; and You are in a relationship with a British citizen or a person settled in the United Kingdom; and You want to migrate to the UK as the spouse of that person. 

If you are not a national of a majority English speaking country or do not have a degree taught in English, then you will have to pass an English language test from an approved test provider. 

If you are applying from abroad we can arrange for you to take a test of English language approved in their country of origin. 

Contact us to learn more about English language requirements. 

Dependent spouse visa 
Children under 18 years old can enter the UK as your dependents. You must apply them, while doing his spouse visa application. Please note that your spouse sponsor must show income of a certain amount, whose level varies depending on the number of dependent children is sponsored.

Visas for Medical Professionals

For many years, the United States was closed for most foreign-born doctors preserve. Until you have been declared unconstitutional state laws required many foreign doctors to be U.S. citizens to obtain licenses. 

From 1976 to 1991, federal immigration laws prohibited doctors born overseas to obtain temporary work ("H-1B") status in order to perform direct patient care. A doctor in H-1B status are only allowed to teach or conduct research in the U.S. by a school or public or private nonprofit research or agency. 

However, in 1991, Congress amended the law to allow foreign doctors to qualify for temporary visas to enter the U.S. in order to qualify for medical residencies and fellowships, and to perform patient care. 

H1B Visa for foreign doctors: 
This guide deals with H-1B visas for foreign doctors and physicians who want to work in the USA. 

Before the Immigration Act of 1990, the only way for doctors to come to the U.S. to participate in postgraduate medical training was to enter J-1 status. But the 1990 Act reduced this requirement and for many years doctors have been able to use the H-1B visa to join residency programs and fellowships. 

Physicians seeking employment in the U.S. should note that there are special licensing requirements, and because of this start planning before the end of medical school. Get an H-1B visa is not always easy and even get H-1B status is not without problems. With the right preparation, however, and the help of, a foreign physician must be able to obtain work authorization in the U.S., especially in underserved areas or health care professional shortage areas health. 

H-1B Visas and research: 
If you are a foreign medical graduate who arrives in the U.S. to teach or conduct research, and only a small amount of patient care is involved, you will have to demonstrate that it has received a medical education and is authorized in its home country. Must also demonstrate that it has received a license for the state in which it will work if you take out patient care. 

H-1B Visas and clinical practice: 
You can also use an H-1B visa if you want to participate in a clinical practice or participate in graduate medical education. You generally must meet certain requirements such as: 

You must have a license or other authorization required by the state in which you will practice; 
You must have an unrestricted license to practice medicine in your country or have graduated from a foreign medical school or U.S.; and 
You must pass the relevant examinations. 

As mentioned above, you must be a registered user. All states require that physicians licensed to practice medicine, including doctors working in residency programs or fellowships. Some states do not allow doctors to sit for USMLE Step 3 prior to engaging in postgraduate medical education in such states and the J-1 is the main option. 

The requirements for H-1B visa Act 1990 also require a doctor to prove that he or she possesses a state license "or permission" to carry out patient care, as well as a full and unrestricted license to practice in a country or an external proof of graduation from a foreign medical school. 

Note that some states do not issue a license without proof of the issuance of a visa. The Catch-22 can avoid receiving a letter from the state licensing board documentation that the only thing standing in the way of the issuance of a license is the same visa. Usually, this letter will satisfy USCIS. 

As noted above, the physician must have passed one of the required medical examinations: 

Federation Licensing Examination (FLEX) Parts I and II, or an "equivalent examination as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services"; 
National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) Parts I, II and III; 
o Medical Licensing Examination United States (USMLE) Steps 1, 2 and 3 

For many years, has been the sole USMLE examination. The adoption of the above tests is still recognized, but the "mix and match" of the examinations for the purposes of H-1B is not allowed. Note that the Canada Graduate Medical Certificate is not equivalent to the FLEX or USMLE for H-1B purposes. 

Doctors to document their proficiency in English and pass Test of English as a Foreign Language will suffice for this purpose is also required. 

Doctors who have graduated from medical schools in the United States only have to prove that they graduated from a U.S. medical school and possess the appropriate state license. Moreover, most of the above requirements above apply to physicians who are recognized national or international reputation in their area of ​​expertise and who have graduated from a foreign medical school. 

J-1 visas for doctors: 
Physicians who wish to enter the U.S. in J-1 status to participate in postgraduate medical training are subject to stringent requirements. They must have passed the medical examination of Foreign Graduates in Medical Sciences, must have good English, are automatically subject to the foreign residence requirement of two years (to be scheduled later), and are subject to time limits on the duration your program. 

Doctors who come to the United States on exchange visitor programs for the purpose of observation, consultation, teaching or research in the involved little or no patient care are not subject to the above requirements. suggests also see our information about the H-1B visa for foreign doctors.