Sunday, August 26, 2012

Canada Immigration - Sponsoring Family

As a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you may be entitled to certain family members to sponsor a permanent resident of Canada has become. You can sponsor your spouse, civil partner, conjugal partner or dependent children as members of the family class. Additionally, you can also sponsor other relatives such as parents and grandparents. In general, a citizen or permanent resident not sponsor siblings become permanent residents.

The spouses can of opposite or same sex. Sponsor your spouse, you and your partner under the same roof lived continuously for at least 12 months and prove that you and your partner have combined your affairs. This can for instance be that joint bank accounts, joint property and other shared accounts.

Marital partners for couples, whether same or opposite sex who are not due to circumstances that are beyond their control right to live together as husband and wife. For example, same-sex community in certain jurisdictions may be dangerous, making it difficult, if not impossible, to satisfy rule to 12 months of living together under the category of common law. The conjugal partner category provides a solution for couples in similar circumstances.

Permanent residents enjoy many privileges in Canada and can work and study freely. Permanent residents can not run for or vote for political office or hold certain jobs in high-level security. In addition, as a permanent resident, you may be removed from Canada if you are not eligible.

Before submitting an application under the umbrella category, you want to ensure that the requirements for the promoter and the family member you are intending to sponsor eligible for the family to meet class and is not inadmissible because of the crime, for example.

Before you ask, sponsor of a permanent resident, you should be aware of your responsibility as a sponsor. You to provide financial support to a member of your family, if necessary, for 3 years from the date it became a permanent resident. This will happen even if you sponsored separated from your spouse, civil partner or unmarried partners. If you sponsored the dependent children, you have to achieve financial support for them for 10 years or until the age of 25, whichever comes first. If during the time that you are financially responsible for your sponsored family member receiving social assistance, you may be required to repay the amount of social assistance received.

As a sponsor, you have to be careful about fraudulent marriages. Unfortunately fall many unsuspecting Canadians / permanent residents in love and marry someone whom they believe, also really love again, only to discover that the permanent residence permit is obtained if their spouse disappears. If you are in this situation, please contact a Canadian Immigration Lawyer who can help in the release of the Canada Border Services Agency and Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

For help with the sponsorship of family members in Canada, please contact a Canadian Immigration Lawyer provide professional legal advice and can help you with all your immigration needs.