Saturday, February 8, 2014

UK Tier Visas (Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4, Tier 5)

The UK has revised its immigration law and implemented a points-based system for non-EU immigrants who wish to come to the UK to work, study, and train.

The points -based immigration system is broken down into five levels and will replace the current 80 or so routes that existed previously . Each level has different conditions , fees and entry requirements for people who wish to live and work in the UK .
The UK has recently announced new limits on the number of visas available under each tier . Tier 1 ( General ) visas for highly skilled migrants , is being phased out and is only available to applicants from within the UK . In April of 2011 will be phased out altogether. The rest of the Tier 1 includes points - based schemes for entrepreneurs, investors and foreign students of UK educational institutions.

If you are a highly qualified worker with the right qualifications , an entrepreneur, a wealthy individual with money to invest , a student, or you have a job offer from an employer who is willing to sponsor your stay in the United Britain , a Tier 1 visa may be right for you .

The five levels of immigration are described below . Click on each tier to get more information from :

Tier 1 Visas : For migrants, entrepreneurs, investors and highly qualified graduate students . This has replaced the previous highly skilled Migrant Programme ( HSMP ) , the Entrepreneur and Investor schemes , and the International Graduates Scheme.
Tier 2 Visas : This is for skilled workers, professional sportsmen and members of the clergy who have a job offer or an agreement with a British organization that requires their services for an extended period of time . This level will be replaced the previous UK work permit rules .
Tier 3 Visas : This level is for a limited number of lower skilled workers to fill temporary shortages in the labor market . The United Kingdom is planning to implement this level indefinitely suspended .
Tier 4 Visa: international students.
Tier 5 Visas : For youth mobility and temporary workers , such as those that come under Working Holiday agreements with other countries. It also includes temporary workers volunteers who participate in sporting events , and the visit of the clergy.

Tiers 3 and 5 are temporary migration schemes and if you apply for a visa under one of these levels , you will not be able to switch to a different level from the UK. The UK has also suspended Tier 3 in favor of migrants from the EU , however, the situation may change depending on the needs of the labor market .

If you apply under Levels 1 , 2, or 4, you will be eligible to move to another level at any time after you're in the UK, if you can meet the requirements of that level . Levels 1 and 2 can potentially lead to settlement if the permanent residence requirements are met at the time of application.
Structure points
Each level requires you to score enough points to gain entry clearance or leave to remain in the United Kingdom. Points are awarded for various criteria specific to each level . The ability to fund your initial stay in the UK and your ability to speak English will play an important role in most cases . See each level linked above for more details.

In Levels 1 and 2 , points are awarded for criteria such as age , previous salary or prospective salary and qualifications. This system is very similar to the highly skilled Migrant Programme ( HSMP ) , which has proved a great success.
If you are applying to one of the Tiers 2 to 5, you will be required to have sponsorship from a licensed sponsor ( an employer , government, or educational institution ) . The certificate of sponsorship assures that the UK is able to perform the particular job or course of study, or otherwise meets the requirements to enter the United Kingdom under the specific level .

Under Tier 1, you would not need a job offer and therefore do not require sponsorship .
Dependents are allowed to come to the UK with you in most cases. However, they will not be allowed to work if they accompany a student under Tier 4 if the individual was given less than 12 months leave to remain in the UK.

U.S. Immigration Guidelines for Students

All international students entering the U.S. with non-immigrant visas are subject to federal regulations that do not affect U.S. citizens or permanent residents.

It is important that you pay close attention to their status as non-immigrant visa and follow these guidelines . If you have any questions regarding your visa status , please contact your International Student Advisor , Susan Taylor.

Maintaining your visa status is your responsibility. When you sign the I-20 , you confirm that you have read and understood the rules governing their visa.

CAUTION : There have been many changes in immigration laws in recent years . Therefore, do not rely on the advice of friends or family members already in the U.S. The status of each student is a little different and the rules change frequently. Susan is very knowledgeable . She is the best source of help and information .

Full Time Student Status
It requires all international students in either an F -1 or M- 1 visa application for registration for , and successfully complete a full-time program of study for each academic year, with the exception of the summer term . If summer is your first quarter here, then you must be a full time student . Full-time status is defined as 12 credits per quarter.

If you are having difficulty in any of your classes and think you can not complete 12 credits , it is important to talk with your International Student Advisor immediately for advice.

An important part of being successful in their college classes is attendance. If you can not attend a class due to illness or other unavoidable circumstances so , contact your instructor and make a plan to complete any task that has been lost. Follow the course syllabus to ensure that you are current with their homework. If you have questions or do not understand something a teacher says , asks for clarification.

I-20 Completion Date
I- 20 is written with a start and end date . The estimated completion date is an important date to keep in mind . If you can not complete your important and needs more time to complete the program requirements , please consult your advisor for international students immediately .

I-20 and I-94 Forms
Both documents are very important and must be kept in a safe place. Please keep all copies of your I-20. You will have your documents I- 94 and I-20 when traveling outside the U.S.
If you leave the U.S. at any time and return , must obtain prior approval from your International Student Advisor . A Designated School Official (DSO ) must sign page three of the I- 20 or may not be allowed back to the U.S.

Change email, address
You are required to notify the Office of International Programs within 10 days if you change your address . Also inform the office if you change your email address . It is very important for us to have your current email address .

Transfer to another College / University
If you decide to move to another university , you must inform the DSO when and Clark College where he will transfer . The Citizenship and Immigration Services ( USCIS) also requires that begin attending the new school the first term after leaving Clark College or the first time after the summer holidays .

Staying in F-1 Visa Status

You must register for a minimum of 12 credits each quarter. If you drop below 12 hours without prior approval from the International Student Advisor will be out of status.

You have only 15 days to leave the U.S. if you decide to withdraw from all classes. You must get prior approval from your International Student Advisor . You may be able to request reinstatement of status if you have a valid reason for withdrawing from classes and is still within the rule of five months.
If you become ill and can not attend school full time, you should have a letter from your doctor, and you should talk with your adviser to international students immediately .

Are expected to attend three consecutive quarters before taking a break. No plan was to have a room unless you first check with your international student advisor .

If you have fallen out of status , you must apply for reinstatement . Reinstatement is not automatic and sometimes be denied. You have just five months to submit for reinstatement . Please contact your international student advisor for filing instructions.

If you are traveling outside the U.S. or returning home for a visit, you must obtain permission from his signature international student advisor in order to re-enter the U.S. You must obtain the signature of at least one week before departure . You may need to apply for a tourist visa to travel to Canada or countries other than their country of origin.

When you complete your program at Clark College and plans to transfer to another school U.S. Must complete a transfer request output .

If you have moved , you must report your new address to your International Student Advisor within 10 days.

If you complete your program at Clark College and has not applied for Optional Practical Training ( OPT ) , and will not be transferred to another school, you have 60 days to leave the U.S.

You can not work anywhere except Clark College. The exceptions to this are Curricular Practical Practice (CPT ) and Post- Completion Optional Practical Training ( OPT ) . Please contact your international student advisor for information.

Frequently Asked Questions on Immigration and Naturalization

Q. What is the immigration law ?

A. Immigration is governed exclusively by federal law. The federal Immigration and Nationality Act regulates who can enter the United States on a temporary or permanent basis. It also rules that the government can remove (or " eject " ) from the United States .
Q. What is naturalization ?

A. The act of making a person a U.S. citizen who was not born with that status. An application for citizenship is an application for naturalization .
Q. What are the requirements for naturalization ?

A. You can apply for naturalization if :

you have been a lawful permanent resident for five years,
you have been a lawful permanent resident for three years, are married to a U.S. citizen for those three years , and continue to be married to such a citizen of the United States,
You are a child of lawful permanent resident of the United States citizen parents , or
have qualifying military service. Children under 18 can automatically become citizens when their parents naturalize .

Q. If I am a naturalized citizen, is my child a citizen?

A. Usually if children are permanent residents who derive citizenship by operation of law from their parents naturalized . In most cases , your child is a citizen if all of the following are true:

The ' other parent is also naturalized or
You are the surviving parent ( if the other parent is dead) or
You have legal custody ( . If you and the other parent is legally separated or divorced ), and the child was under 18 years old when his father ( s ) naturalized, the child was not married when the parent ( s ) naturalized, and the child was a permanent resident before his 18th birthday.

Q. What is an immigrant ?

A. A person coming to the U.S. to stay permanently or for an indefinite period of time and make the United States the principal place of residence. A permanent resident of the United States is an immigrant. A person who intends to become a permanent resident is an immigrant .
Q. What is a visa?

A. An authorization granted by a U.S. consul that allows a person to come to a U.S. port or a control point to ask to be admitted to the U.S. for the purpose of special visa. A visa does not give the holder the right to enter the United States , but only the right to ask to be admitted to a control point.
Q. What is an Immigrant Visa ?

A. an immigrant visa is a visa given to a person by a consul of the United States after qualifying for permanent residence . After arriving in the United States , the person will receive a green card . Immigrant visas are issued to those who qualify for residency in the United States . There are various applications for residence permits some are listed below:

Visas and Employment -Based visa special ability

Family Relations Watched

Diversity Visa Lottery

Religious Worker Visa

Watched Investors / Entrepreneur

Refugee / Asylum / Protection Status
Q. What is a Green Card?

A. A Permanent Resident Card , which is commonly known as a green card , is evidence of your status as a lawful permanent resident with a right to live and work permanently in the United States , to travel in and out of the counrty without a visa, to work at any job , and to accumulate time toward U.S. citizenship . It ' also the proof of registration in accordance with the immigration laws of the United States . The Permanent Resident Card is also called Form I- 551.